Casa's Free membership includes a fast, safe, simple digital currency storage solution for beginners or people with small holdings.
Free members get access to Pay, which is secured by your mobile phone and backed up in your phone's integrated cloud service.
See Casa Pay for more information about how Pay works.
With Pay, there is only one key needed to sign and send transactions. This is great for storing and using small amounts in a lightweight wallet that you want to use "on the go."
This is not a multisig setup, and Pay should not be considered to be as secure as a multisig vault.
What features does the Free membership offer?
A Free membership features:
How much is a Free membership designed to secure?
There is no minimum or maximum amount that customers can store on any of our plan levels. That being said, we recommend Free for those holding less than $1,000 USD.
How do I get started with a Free membership?
Simply download the Casa app to sign up for a Free membership to get started!
When you first open your Casa app, you'll be prompted either to sign in or create a new account. If this is your first time opening the app, you would:
- Choose "Sign up" and follow the prompts to enter your email address and set an alias, then set a password. It's best practice to generate and save your password using a password manager, though this is optional.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click "Explore Free Wallet."
- Once signed in, tap the Pay card on the home screen to set up the key, which will be generated locally on your device, then encrypted and backed up to your cloud drive.
- Deposit funds by tapping on the card and choosing the receive button to reveal your deposit address.
- Send funds to the deposit address shown to you in your Casa app.
What if I want to upgrade?
Upgrading your account means access to more secure wallets, and additional features. The next level above the Free membership is our Standard membership, which gives you access to 3-key vault security.
Check out Casa membership levels - an overview for more information.