The Ledger hardware device is compatible with Casa Multisig.
Whether you are adding the Ledger, doing a health check, or sending funds from your Casa multisig keyset, we send you an email with a link you click, which brings you to the Ledger API, a web interface that allows you to easily add a signature to your keyset.
Depending on your browser or other device settings, the web interface may have trouble recognizing the Ledger and will give an error message. The following error is a common issue with the Ledger:
Error. TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'transport.decorateAppAPIMethods')
If you get this error or another error, don't fret! There are a few troubleshooting steps you can try that may help you with this issue.
Checking the Firmware
First, please check that you're running the latest firmware on your Ledger device by connecting it to the Ledger Live app:
For detailed instructions on updating the firmware on the Ledger, please see Ledger's support article on updating the device firmware.
Once you've updated the firmware, attempt to click the link in our email, and try the signing process again.
Make sure to highlight or Click on Nano S when the popup comes up before clicking Connect
Trying an Alternative Browser
If you still have issues after updating the firmware, it's possible that some of your web browser's settings are preventing the Ledger from being recognized.
Other Troubleshooting Steps
If you've tried multiple browsers, it could be a different issue. You try the following troubleshooting steps to get the Ledger to be recognized:
- Close out any other apps that might be using the Ledger (i.e. Ledger Live)
- Rebooting the computer you're using to connect
- Make sure no other USB devices plugged in when performing a Health Check.
- Clicking the link into "incognito mode" or equivalent
- Close the app, unplug the Ledger, start the app back up again, and then plug the Ledger back in
- If your computer is running Windows 8, please upgrade your operating system
- If your computer is running Windows 10, you will need to update a default settings flag in Chrome, by following these steps:
- Type in
- Disable new USB backend.
- Sign again.
- Type in
Another thing to consider is your USB cable connecting the Ledger. Not all USB cables are rated for data transfer, so make sure that the USB cable you're connecting is the one that came with the Ledger, or is otherwise rated for data transfer (and not just a charging cable).
If you've tried the above steps and are still having issues, please reach out to our support team, and we're happy to assist.