In supported US states, Casa customers can purchase Bitcoin (BTC) using a linked bank account.
Linking your bank account to your Casa App facilitates BTC purchases using ACH transfers.
Purchasing BTC using a linked bank account is currently only available in select states within the United States. To see a list of restricted US states, please see Supported Regions for Buying Bitcoin.
Using a linked bank account, you can purchase up to:
- $5,000 worth of BTC per week
- $20,000 per month
- $250,000 per year.
There are two types of fees associated with every purchase:
- Processing fee - There's a flat processing fee of 0.99% per order, with a $20 minimum order
- Mining fee - Because the bitcoin you purchase is sent straight to your Casa wallet, there's also a mining fee. Bitcoin mining fee goes directly to individuals and organizations securing the Bitcoin network, and varies depending on network activity.
Note that neither of these fees go to Casa! We're offering this feature free for the safety and convenience of our customers, and are not marking up fees.
To connect your bank account, you'll first need to complete the onboarding process, which involves verifying your identity and connecting your bank account.
The onboarding process takes 3-5 minutes to complete, plus some additional time to verify (this can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours once all your information is submitted).
The information that you'll be prompted to share during the onboarding process is:
- Full legal name (same as it appears on your photo ID)
- Mobile phone number
- Birthdate (same as it appears on your photo ID)
- Permanent address (same as it appears on your photo ID)
- Social security number
- Government ID - front and back of driver’s license, passport, passport card, or other government id.
- Proof of address (in some cases)
Once you verify your identity, you'll be prompted to link your bank account using your log in credentials. You can set up your bank account in multiple ways:
- (New users) The First time you go to buy you’ll get be prompted to use applepay/debit or bank account
- From the "amount entry" screen, tap at top of screen to select "Bank Account" and follow the prompts
- When you’re onboarding, from main chart screen you can tap a pill to re-enter
For the bank account linking process, we integrate with Plaid to best secure and protect this sensitive information.
How Information is Stored
Casa partners with Wyre for purchase services. You information is collected and stored by Wyre, but is never stored on Casa’s servers, since we have no need for this information.
Wyre retains this data for a minimum of 3 years in accordance with regulations, but this information may be held longer than that.