Casa's recurring buys feature makes purchasing bitcoin even easier.
Setting up a recurring buy within Casa App allows you to schedule automatic bitcoin purchase at regular intervals. Not only is this convenient, it also allows you to "dollar-cost average" (DCA) your bitcoin purchases. DCA is a popular strategy for accumulating wealth over a long time frame. It's low-risk and helps reduce your exposure to bitcoin's day-to-day price fluctuations.
As an example, let's say I get paid once every other week, and would like to use a portion of my paycheck to purchase BTC. I can set up a recurring buy to purchase $150 of bitcoin every other week on Friday afternoon, and Casa App does the rest from there.
You can create up to three recurring buys at a time using your linked bank account via an ACH transfer, as long as they are within your ACH purchase limits. (Please note: Recurring buys are not available via Apple Pay and aren't yet available internationally.)
Setting up your recurring buy
- Navigate to the "Buy Bitcoin" tab in your Casa App (tap the bitcoin symbol from Casa App's bottom nav)
- Enter the amount of bitcoin you'd like to purchase
- Set the frequency that you want this amount of BTC to be purchased (weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly)
- Review and confirm the recurring order
- Sit back and watch your bitcoin stash grow! Your first purchase will be processed immediately.
As with any other purchase in Casa App, each recurring purchase is delivered straight to your wallet, where you control the keys.
Cancelling a recurring buy
If you want to cancel your recurring purchase, you'll notice a "Manage Recurring Buys" option in your purchase history. After you tap "Manage Recurring Buys," tap the order you wish to cancel, and confirm.
- If you mark a key for replacement in your wallet, then any recurring buys going to that wallet will be cancelled. Once you replace the key and set up your new keyset, you can then create a new recurring buy.
- If a recurring buy fails for any reason, it will be re-attempted at the next scheduled interval - e.g., if your recurring weekly buy fails today, it will not be re-attempted until a week from today. Recurring buys will only fail for one of two reasons:
- You hit your weekly, monthly, 60-day, or annual limit
- There was a third-party processing error