If you'd like to delete your Casa account, you can do this within Casa App.
Be aware that by deleting your Casa account, you are completely removing access to any keys that you've set up in Casa App. It's very important that you:
- Ensure that any wallets in your Casa App have a "0" balance. Accounts with any positive balance, no matter how small, will not be able to be deleted.
- Ensure that if you've saved a BTC address associated with your Casa App somewhere, that you never send funds to that address in the future. Any funds sent to the address of a deleted Casa account will not be able to be recovered. If you've whitelisted one of your Casa addresses with an exchange for secure withdrawals, make sure that you remove that address and replace it with another address that you control.
How you cancel your account will vary slightly depending on your membership level.
How to delete your account
You can initiate deletion of your account from the Account tab in Casa App after you've totally emptied any balance you may have had in your wallet.
If you are a Gold member, you will need to ensure your recurring Casa subscription has been cancelled prior to being able to delete your account.
From your Account tab, simply tap "Delete Account."
If you have a balance, Casa App will prompt you to empty your account prior to deletion. If you are a Gold member, Casa App will prompt you to cancel your subscription prior to deletion.
Once you've cancelled your recurring subscription (Gold only), and you have a zero balance in all your wallets in Casa App, you will confirm deletion in the app.
Note for Gold members on how to cancel your subscription:
If you are a Casa Gold member wishing to delete your account and you paid for your annual Casa membership using an in-app purchase through the Apple App Store on your iPhone, please see How to cancel your Apple subscription.
If you are a Casa Gold member wishing to delete your account and you paid for your annual Casa membership using an in-app purchase through the Google Play Store on your Android phone, please see How to cancel your Google Play subscription.
If you are a Casa Gold member wishing to delete your account and you have an active subscription directly with Casa (NOT through Apple or Google), please see How to cancel your credit card subscription.
Note for Platinum and Diamond members only:
Prior to deleting your account, you will get the option from within Casa App to book a call with your Client Advisor. We'd love to answer any questions you may have and get your feedback as to why you aren't renewing your subscription and how we can improve our product.
Once you delete your account, your Client Advisor will manually cancel your recurring account subscription.
What info is deleted?
Among other data, we delete the following information from our systems when you delete your Casa account:
- Email address
- Transaction history
- Recovery key signature
- Device IDs
- Buy order history and recurring buy information*
- Auth tokens
- Recovery request history
- Recovery key questions and answers (Gold only)
- Recovery photo (Platinum and Diamond only)
- Inheritance and Shared Accounts applications (Platinum and Diamond, if applicable)
*Casa partners with a 3rd-party service (Wyre) to provide BTC purchase options in Casa App. While deleting your Casa account means your buy order history and other information is removed from Casa, it does not mean that the data does not remain with Wyre. Wyre is required by law to keep some purchase information history and other data for a certain period of time.
What if I change my mind?
If you ever change your mind and would like to try out Casa again in the future, you will be able to use your same email address to sign up for a new account.