If you're having an issue adding, signing, or completing a health check for a hardware device, we have some device-specific articles with troubleshooting suggestions unique to each device.
See the links below to be directed to troubleshooting support for your specific device:
For a full list of our supported devices, see Supported platforms and hardware device firmware.
Below are some general troubleshooting suggestions for hardware device issues.
- Ensure your firmware is up-to-date. Check out our firmware support page to know which firmware to use and how to update it.
- Chrome is the most reliable browser for hardware device signing, but if it isn't working, try using Brave. Avoid using Firefox with Ledger, specifically.
- Make sure you're using the cable that came with your device. Some USB cables are not rated for data transfer and can only be used for charging, but the one that came with your device should work.
- Reconnect your device to your computer.
- Make sure you've entered your PIN correctly.
- If you're using a Ledger, make sure Ledger Live is closed and your Ledger's screen says 'Bitcoin is ready.'
- If you're using a Trezor, make sure the Trezor Suite desktop app is open in the background because it acts as a bridge when connecting your device.
If you've tried the steps above and are still getting an error, please send the error description to our support team. Including a screenshot of the message may also be helpful.
Platinum and Diamond members can reach out directly to their Client Advisor.
Gold members may submit a support request here.