Casa makes self custody of your bitcoin easy and secure. Now - you can also purchase bitcoin right inside your Casa App!
We've integrated with Apple Pay for the smoothest and safest buying experience possible with Casa App (formerly Keymaster).
Right now, buying bitcoin is only available on iPhone. Android users can currently preview the feature - we'll be adding full support soon.
Setting up Apple Pay
The first time you make a bitcoin purchase, you may be prompted to add a card or other info to your Apple Wallet:
- Debit card - If you haven't set up Apple Pay with a debit card, you'll be prompted to add one. Right now, bitcoin purchases are with debit card only - credit cards aren't supported.
- Address + Mobile Phone - If you haven't added an address or phone to your Apple Pay account, you'll want to add one. This info is required for processing by Wyre, our purchase partner, and is never stored on Casa servers. For more details, see our FAQ below ("What personal info is required?").
Making your first bitcoin purchase with Casa
- Tap the "Buy" icon in the bottom nav bar in your Casa App - where you can monitor bitcoin price activity.
- Tap "Buy Bitcoin" when you're ready to make your purchase.
- Enter the amount you'd like to purchase - denominated in USD. On this screen, you can also select the "Destination" you'd like your coins sent to (Wallet, Basic Multisig, or Key Shield).
- Tap "Preview Purchase" to review your order.
- Tap "🍏 Pay" when you're ready to complete your purchase!
If your order is successful - you'll get a notification: "Your Bitcoin order was placed." Your coins will arrive in your Casa wallet anywhere from a couple seconds to several minutes (depending on volume and network activity).
After your order has been sent, you can tap the 🕗 Bitcoin Purchases icon to follow its progress.
How much bitcoin can I buy?
You can buy up to $250 per day and up to $1,500 per year. There is a $20 minimum order size.
We've started with smaller limits for the smoothest experience, and plan to increase these limits over time.
What personal info is required?
We’ve worked to keep information intake as minimal as possible—for both convenience and safety.
All that's required is: card information, full name, email, phone number, and address.
This is collected and verified through Apple Pay and processed by our purchase partner Wyre. No personal data passes through Casa servers or is stored by Casa at any point in the process.
A note for our privacy-conscious and/or pseudonymous clients -
- This feature has zero impact on existing or future psuedonoymous clients. All existing KYC free features are preserved.
- This feature is 100% opt-in. If you decide not to use the Buy BTC feature, you can still use Casa like normal. You will never be prompted to provide personal info.
- This feature in no way changes Casa's regulatory model.
What are the fees?
There are two types of fees associated with every purchase:
- Processing fee - There's a flat processing fee of $0.30 per transaction, plus 2.9% of the total amount purchased.
- Mining fee - And because the bitcoin you purchase is sent straight to your Casa wallet, there's also a mining fee. Bitcoin mining fee goes directly to individuals and organizations securing the Bitcoin network, and varies depending on network activity.
Note that neither of these fees go to Casa! We're offering this feature free for the safety and convenience of our customers, and are not marking up fees.
Here's an example of how your fees might look:
- If you purchase $50 worth of bitcoin - your fee would be $0.30 + $1.45 for a total of $1.75 in fees (not including mining fee).
- If you purchase $250 worth of bitcoin - your fee would be $0.30 + $7.25 for a total of $7.55 in fees (not including mining fee).
Can I sell my bitcoin from Casa App?
Currently, we only support buying (and holding!) bitcoin.
Who is your purchase partner?
Our bitcoin purchase partner is Wyre. Founded in 2013, Wyre is one of the longest successfully running companies in the ecosystem, and is backed by several of its most respected investors - including Pantera, Kraken, and Boost VC.
What US states and countries do you support?
We support almost all US states and countries on every continent. Here's our full list of supported regions for buying bitcoin.