Within the Casa app, you have the ability to export the seed phrase for the Pay wallet. Exporting the seed phrase marks the key for replacement.
Exporting the seed phrase is designed to be used only in an emergency scenario in which Casa disappears unexpectedly or is otherwise unresponsive!
You can use the seed phrase you export to carry out Sovereign Recovery.
In the Casa app, you would:
- Tap the "Pay" icon from your app's home screen
- Tap the specific Pay wallet you want to export the seed phrase from
- Tap the "Settings" icon in the upper-right corner of the screen
- Tap "View Public Keys" and write down the derivation path for the key.
- Back two screens at the settings page of the Pay wallet, tap "Import or Export Backup"
- Tap "Export Private Key"
- Write down the 12-word seed phrase
- Verify the seed phrase in the app
Now you can use that seed phrase in an application outside of Casa wherever to recover funds on that key.